Sunday, February 04, 2007

A better man

After long months, I return to the first philosophy. In my sleeplessness I came up with some verses. I not so much as wrote them, they guided me. This is with due excuse to my friend Nishant, who had to be persuaded to read my blog on the assurance that there would be less of poetry and more of comments. But I'd urge him to give this one a try.

This song is dedicated to a friend of mine Tanweer Alam, whom I lovingly call VeerJi (meaning elder brother in Punjabi). He is fighting a few serious battles at the moment, may he emerge a better man.

This also goes out to all the men that have been man enough at some point in their life and all the women who have known such men.

So, here goes.

I can only understand,
That nobody else can,
Things that well up in your mind,
When it doesn’t go to plan.

Give me something better girl,
Make me your fan.
Don’t cry for me sweetheart,
Make me a better man.

I can only ease up the pain,
That the whole world gave.
Sometimes I am a giver too,
I can bring a pleasure wave.

Give me a feeling I crave,
Don’t think you are an also-ran.
Don’t cry for me sweetheart,
Make me a better man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home